Brian S. Levy
Direct: (262) 241-7977         Main: (312) 663-0800
Cell: (414) 788-0465             Fax: (312) 663-0900
Brian S. Levy, Of Counsel to Katten & Temple, LLP, provides practical regulatory, transactional and dispute resolution guidance primarily to banks, mortgage lenders and vendors to mortgage bankers. Mr. Levy has unique experience with RESPA, TILA, and other mortgage origination, servicing and banking regulations, marketing and ventures, contract negotiation and loan sales, commercial and residential real estate and finance and regulatory compliance and enforcement actions. In addition to a Chicago office, Mr. Levy also maintains an office at 11512 N. Port Washington Road, Suite 101J, Mequon Wisconsin, 53092.
University of Illinois, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa (A.B., 1986)
Harvard Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Mr. Levy served for over 15 years as Senior Vice-President, Secretary and General Counsel of Guaranty Bank in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Mr. Levy also gained key business and sales insights through his experiences (i) managing loan officers and mortgage origination joint ventures and (ii) serving as legal counsel to retail and wholesale channels of business, including negotiation of secondary market agreements and compliance counsel. Mr. Levy was also responsible for industry and government relations and managed construction lending, compliance and risk management.
- After graduating from Harvard Law School, Mr. Levy joined the law firm of Rudnick & Wolfe (now known as DLA) in Chicago, Illinois, concentrating his practice in the area of commercial real estate, including purchase and sale transactions, loans and workouts, leasing and development.
- Mr. Levy is a member of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers. Mr. Levy was the 2006 Chairman of RESPRO (The Real Estate Services Providers Council) and was on its Executive Committee for 7 years. Mr. Levy also served on the American Bankers Association’s Government Relations Administrative Committee and was the Vice-Chairman of ABA’s Mortgage Markets Committee in 2008-2009 and Chairman of the Wisconsin Bankers Government Relations Committee in 2005. He also served on the ABA’s Regulatory Compliance Conference Committee.
- Mr. Levy is a frequent national banking and mortgage conference speaker and writer on topics such as mortgage repurchases, RESPA, loan officer compensation, marketing services agreements, affiliated business arrangements, secondary markets, and regulatory enforcement.
- Mr. Levy also served as Co-Chair of the Mequon Thiensville School District (WI) Community Engagement Ad Hoc Committee and was Chairman of the Milwaukee Children’s Village, an alternative to the foster care system for large sibling groups.
- Mr. Levy is a regular speaker at the following annual meetings/seminars:
- American Bankers Association, Regulatory Compliance Conference
- Mortgage Bankers Association, Legal Issues & Regulatory Compliance Seminar
- Real Estate Settlement Providers Council (RESPRO) Annual Meeting and Fall Regulatory Compliance Seminars
- Mr. Levy has also been a speaker at numerous other conferences and webinars including:
- ABA Real Estate Lending Conference
- Inside Mortgage Finance Webinars
- RESPRO Webinars
- Lender's One Conference
- Various MBA Seminars including: Finance & Accounting, Quality Assurance, Repurchases
209 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 950, Chicago, IL 60604 :: firstname.lastname@example.org :: Disclaimer