Jennifer S. Moore
Direct: (773) 519.2808               Phone: (312) 663.0800
Fax: (312) 663.0900
Jennifer Moore has twenty years of experience in regulatory advocacy. Jennifer litigates a wide range of regulatory proceedings involving rate cases, regulatory approval of asset sales, reorganizations, rulemakings, affiliate transactions, energy efficiency plans, energy procurement, resource planning, generation siting, ratemaking principles, and reconciliations for cost recovery riders.
Additionally, Jennifer has experience in complex commercial transactions involving asset purchase agreements, facility construction agreements, pole attachments, telecommunications agreements, and communication tower leases.
Prior to joining Katten & Temple, Jennifer was in-house counsel for MidAmerican Energy Company. Jennifer also served as in-house counsel to Alliant Energy Corporate Services.
J. D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois.
B. A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, Political Science with Honors, English minor.
Public Utility Regulation
Commercial and Contract Law
- Lead attorney or co-counsel on many electric, natural gas and water utility rate cases. (Iowa Utilities Board Dockets RPU-2-3/RPU-02-8; RPU-02-7, RPU 2012-0001 and RPU-2013-004; Illinois Commerce Commission Dockets 03-0676/03-0677; 09-0312 and 14-0066; Minnesota Public Utilities Commission Docket GR-05-748; South Dakota Public Utilities Commission Dockets EL14-072 and NG14-005; Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Dockets ER-06-587 and ER06-1518)
- Lead attorney or co-counsel for developing and implementing the company’s strategy for obtaining regulatory approval of asset sales. (Illinois Commerce Commission Dockets 05-0724, 05-0835, 05-0836, and 07-0246; Minnesota Public Utilities Commission Dockets E-001/PA-05-1272 and E001/PA-07-540)
- Lead attorney for the approval of energy efficiency plans in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and South Dakota
- Lead attorney for the regulatory approval of the reconciliation of revenues under various rider mechanisms, including energy efficiency costs, transmission costs, fuel costs, gas costs and environmental cost recovery related to the clean-up of former manufactured gas plant sites
- Lead attorney for several rulemakings including rules adopting electrical safety standards for pole attachments, filing requirements for rate case expenses, and changes to customer eligibility requirements for service, deposits, payment practices, and disconnection of service
Iowa Bar Association
Energy Bar Association
209 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 950, Chicago, IL 60604 :: email@example.com :: Disclaimer