John M. George, Jr.
PH: (312) 663.4427
FX: (312) 663.0900
John M. George, Jr. has served as lead counsel in state and federal courts throughout the country and has represented clients at trial, on appeal, and in arbitrations. His clients have included financial institutions, Big Four accounting firms, and Fortune 500 companies and their officers and directors. He has represented defendants in securities, ERISA, and antitrust class actions, as well as derivative suits, accountant malpractice cases, SEC investigations and enforcement actions, and general commercial litigation.
Harvard Law School, JD (cum laude) in 1982
Columbia University, PhD (Medieval History) in 1976
University of Illinois, AM, 1971; AB (High Honors/High Distinction in History) in 1970
Editor, Harvard Law Review, 1980-1982; Phi Beta Kappa.
Massachusetts in 1982
Illinois in 1984
District of Massachusetts and Northern District of Illinois (General and Trial Bars); Courts of Appeals for the Third, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits; American Bar Association (Business and Litigation Sections; Committees on Professional Liability, Securities Litigation, and Business and Corporate Litigation); Chicago Bar Association; Seventh Circuit Bar Association.
John is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation. He is a member of the Leading Lawyers Network and was named an Illinois Super Lawyer by Law & Politics in 2006, 2009, and 2010.
- Brown v. Tober, et al., 45 Employee Benefits Cas. 2175 (N.D. Ohio, Dec. 24, 2008).
- Kensington International, Ltd. v. Hiner, et al., 40 A.D. 3d 541, 834 N.Y.S. 861 (2007).
- Greenburg v. Hiner, et al., 359 F. Supp. 2d 675 (N.D. Ohio 2005), aff’d, 73 Fed. Appx. 367 (6th Cir. 2006).
- Berger v. Jasmine, et al. (3d Cir. 2006) (Case No. 06-2925).
- Endo v. Arthur Andersen & Co., S.C., 163 F.3d 463 (7th Cir. 1999).
- Stepak v. Addison, et al., 87 F.3d 1331 (11th Cir. 1996).
- Coe v. Circle Express, Inc., et al. 1990 WL 37260 (N.D. Ill March 5, 1990).
- National Union Fire Insurance Co. v. Seafirst Corp. et al., 891 F.2d 762 (9th Cir. 1989).
John and his wife Judy support the Old Town School of Folk Music and the Western Folklife Center, sponsor of the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering.
542 South Dearborn, 14th Floor, Chicago, IL 60605 :: email@example.com :: Disclaimer